Patient from New York, USA got her full mouth dental implant treatment done in a single visit. She was very satisfied with the entire treatment and strongly recommends Dr. K. A. REDDY, India.
Immediate Loading Basal Implants
In recent times, rehabilitation of the edentulous jaws with immediate loading implants has assumed a general, anticipated treatment of choice. For successful implantation, it is essential that sufficient quality and quantity of bone is present.
If this precedent is not met with, then the implantation procedure becomes traumatic and challenging which means that, to place conventional implants, procedures such as, sinus lifts, bone grafts, nerve positioning and sometimes even severe surgical procedures are under taken but these measures come with their own set of complications associated with them.
To avoid these botherations especially the sinus lift problems and dental bone grafts complications, the basal implants have emerged, which are designed notably to gain anchorage in the highly mineralized Basal bone.
Basal Implantology also known as Bi-cortical implantology is considered as a revolution in the field of Implantology. The single piece implant is placed in the cortical bone (hardest bone) which is present at the base of the jaw bones.
The cellular action which manifests in the basal bone conserves it from the atrophy of the bone tissue even in the absence of a tooth. Therefore the fundamental asset of the basal implants is, that it can be used in cases where the bone has resorbed drastically or where there is severe atrophy of bone because of some infection or long term absence of teeth.
Basal implants are fabricated in coordination with the anatomy of the jaw bone, which consists of two parts, the upper tooth holding Crestal bone or the, Alveolar bone which is mineralized to a lesser degree and is prone to injuries and pathologies and also associated with high rate of resorption.
The second part of the jaw bone being the Basal bone, which is present underneath the crystal bone and is highly mineralized and devoid of infection, with an increased load bearing capacity, when compared to the crystal bone.
Basal implants, are made of Biocompatible Titanium alloy and is a single entity.
Immediate loading implants
The basal bone used for anchoring these immediate loading implants is highly mineralized and has high rate of regeneration capacity making it the absolute choice for implant placement. This bone assures guaranteed integration and allows immediate loading.
These implants can be inserted without opening the flap or gum tissue and therefore this technique is also known as flap less technique of implant placement.
These are more stable since they are anchored in the basal bone which is highly mineralized and more sterile as it is located, by far from the infection zone and caters much needed sturdiness to the implant.
Basal Implants also called as Bicortical Implants are Immediate loading Implants and can be opted in patients with any Bone volume or Bone density as they utilize the dense cortical bone for stability by eradicating the complications associated with traditional delayed loading techniques. These implants can be used to immediately replace a single missing tooth to complete set of teeth.
BENEFITS OF BASAL IMPLANTS
- Suitable for any bone type.
- Avoids additional surgical procedures.
- Immediate loading.
- All 14 teeth are replaced without cantilevers as Tubero-Pterygoid Implants are placed in the distal most part of Maxilla.
- Immediate chewing capability and teeth functioning.
Assets of basal implants
- These are considered as a revolution in the field of implantology as there is no window period for the implants to settle down. Can be placed in severely atrophied maxilla and mandible, immediate loading implants.
- Single visit technique, therefore less time consuming.
- Advised in Diabetic, Hypertensive patients and also in Smokers.
- No risk of peri implantitis or loss of bone around the implant as it is a single entity.
- Post operative specifications for oral hygiene of the patient are less grievous because of the defiance of the basal bone.
- These are the implants of first choice in considerate or serious incidences of jaw atrophy and where patients desire immediate restoration of masticatory forces.
- No expensive bone augmentation or traumatic sinus lift procedures are required there by reducing the probable complications of implantation and immediate loading dental implants cost.
- People with osteoporosis are also candidates for immediate loading basal implants.
- Immediate loading implants come with a life time warranty.
- These are also affordable dental implants as dental implant cost is less when compared to the conventional implants as it is a single entity and also because of the reduced treatment stages.