Despite advances in oral care and dental hygiene, aging is not the only cause of tooth loss. Every 1 out of 4 adults by the age of 74 loses all permanent teeth. Tooth decay, gum disease, accidents, and oral infections are common dental problems that lead to tooth loss. In the past, dentures and bridges were the only options available to replace teeth. However, dental implants have become increasingly popular in the past two decades as a means to rehabilitate lost teeth.
If you lose teeth, it is better to get it replaced at the earliest as when the tooth is removed or lost, the surrounding bone begins to resorb due to lack of stimulation from the missing natural tooth roots, Which affects the jaw, structure of your face, and possibly joints in your mouth if too many teeth are lost. Missing teeth can also affect other teeth, standing adjacent to the vacant space leading to bite problems that affect alignment.
It is essential to understand your choices for replacing missing teeth and the risks associated with them.
LBR Dental implants think it is essential to be transparent and educate patients about the advantages and disadvantages of dental implant procedures which will be discussed in this article.
What is a dental implant?
Is it the right choice if you lose one or more teeth due to an injury, periodontitis, or other causes.
A dental implant is a titanium post (acting as a tooth root) that holds a crown. It is inserted surgically into the jawbone, which then osseointegrates with the bone providing stable support for the replaced crown.
Dental implants: Pros more than just a beautiful face:
There are many reasons why dental implant surgery is beneficial for anyone who needs artificial teeth. The following are the main advantages of dental implants:
- Aesthetics: If you want a naturally beautiful smile, dental implants may be the right choice. They look and feel like healthy natural teeth.
- Bone health: when you receive a dental implant, the implant replaces the tooth root, preventing the bone loss which happens after teeth loss.
- Durability: One of the main advantages of dental implants is that they are durable. As the implants blend with your jawbone they are very stable and can expect to last for your lifetime. Given that dentures only last for five to eight years, dental implants are the right choice for those looking for a long-term permanent fixed replacement choice.
Practical advantages: Dental implants are not only suitable for people who want to smile with perfect images but also provide proper functional benefits. As the titanium implant post is attached to the jaw, the implant remains in place. This means (unlike dentures) that your speech will not be affected and chewing will be more comfortable.
Dental Implants: Cons Patience is a Virtue:
- Dental implants are not without challenges but with the developed technology there are means to counter them which made this mode of replacement, the best in the field.
- Lengthy process: In delayed loading, a Two-piece conventional implant technique, where the bone condition is not proper, Dental implant placement can take a long time because you have to wait up to six months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone. Given that the procedure involves several steps, this might not be the best solution for someone who needs immediate correction.
Such people can opt for Basal implants, which can be loaded immediately, within 3 days as these implants take the support of the Basal bone which is highly mineralized. These implants can be placed irrespective of the bone status as, Basal bone is present in all and If the bone status is good, Two-piece implants also can be loaded immediately.
- Infections: Although complications with dental implants are rare, the implants might give up if they are not placed properly, so it is better to approach a qualified, well-experienced implantologist to avoid such situations.
- Additional procedures Required: In some cases, dental implant procedures may require additional surgical methods to accommodate implants, For example, some people may not have enough bone to support the implant, which means they may need a bone graft, they might also need a sinus lift if the sinus drops to a very low level owing to long-standing tooth loss. These additional surgeries can increase the waiting time for the replacement and can also increase the expenditure.
The remedy for this situation is Zygomatic and Tubero Pterygoid implants which facilitate the immediate loading of implants and also cut down the cost to a large extent.
- Cost: Price is one of the most important things to consider when planning for dental implants. Dental implants will cost significantly more than the other means of tooth replacement like the Dentures, but when you take into consideration the benefits the implants provide, they offer long time value for money.
One can also cut down the cost by getting the treatment done in Asian countries like India where the cost is almost one fourth of what it is in countries like America, Canada, and European counterparts owing to the Geographic location and low cost of living in India. One single visit of about a week will be enough for the entire treatment.
Weigh your choice:
Regardless of the cost involved, dental implants are a safe and reliable substitute for your teeth that can improve your quality of life. Dental implants improve chewing, speech, and appearance. They are considered a long-term replacement option because if they get well cared for, they will last a lifetime. Dentures and bridges may need to be replaced every 7-10 years.
If you suffer from tooth loss or consider dental implants as an alternative to denture or bridge treatment, talk to a doctor today at LBR dental implants.
Dental implants are the best choice for replacing lost teeth or dentures. They have a natural appearance, better functionality, and the ability to prevent bone loss. They can improve chewing, speech, and self-confidence. Also, dental implants are considered long-term substitutes that can last a lifetime.
So, is dental implant surgery worth it?
Because of their durability, appearance, and functionality, dental implants are probably the best substitute for missing teeth and offer you long-term choices that can last for the rest of your life.
Make a free online consultation with our Specialists, Contact LBR Dental Implants at +91-9849008623 who can help you with the best treatment option, with experienced doctors. If you want to learn more about dental implants, we recommend that you make an appointment. Our patients achieve extraordinary results with dental implants at our LBR Dental Implants.
About LBR Dental Implants:
LBR dental implants provide world-class implant solutions, from one of the best endodontists and certified implant dentists, Dr. K.A. Reddy and Sharada Reddy.
The doctors are globally trained and suggest conservative and affordable treatment options for all dental ailments. Doctors at our center use the latest technology and a wide variety of FDA approved implant options.
Restore your beautiful natural smile, and boost your self-confidence now. Get today your personalized & comprehensive dental implant services. Call or Ping us on WhatsApp at +91-9849008623, LBR Dental Implant Center, and schedule your consultation today.